MENU

Nowadays, Hulu Selangor can be proud of with the existence of multi mega projects such as the Second National Automobil or Perodua area, industrial, housing, tourism, modern city at Bukit Beruntung and Bukit Sentosa, Sungai Buaya, Serendah, Batang Kali and Lembah Beringin at Kerling. The construction of PLUS expressway interchange at Bukit Beruntung and Lembah Beringin is adding up to the many existed development project in this area.

The Selangor river who used to be the main connection link that connects Bukit Fraser that is next to Pahang until Kuala Selangor and other rivers such as Sungai Serendah, Sungai Batang Kali, Sungai Liam, Sumgai Inki, Sungai Kerling and Sungai Bernam. The Banjaran Titiwangsa low land area is rich with green beautiful hills and attract the tourism industry and also develop the education institution in this district.

Beside the PLUS expressway interchange and the main road from the Federal Territory Kuala Lumpur to Tanjung Malim, there is also interstate interchange roads such as the road from Hulu Yam to Sungai Tua, Batang Kali to Genting Highlands, Sungai Tengi to Batang Berjuntai and Kuala Kubu Bharu to Bukit Fraser. All of those are the gateways to Hulu Selangor that have been the essence towards greater development.

Hulu Selangor started to exist during the early age of the English colonial in Kuala Kubu Bharu which was at 12th May 1883, nine years after British intervention in Selangor.

During the British era, the administration of Hulu Selangor was known as “Collector and Magistrate of Ulu Selangor “ and among the members were Cecil Ranking and Mac Carthy which was during the time when Frank Sweettenham was the 'British Residence' in Selangor. At first the district admin was located at Kuala Kubu ( old ) that now known “Ampang Pecah “. The office transfered to the new place on 1st September 1930 which is its current location due to the old city was located at lower ground area and flood always occured there.

Source : Jabatan Ukur dan Pemetaan Malaysia ( JUPEM )